07 Jun BLISSFUL PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Lose Belly Fat fast with this great tasting cheesecake. Blissful Wellness recipes help you achieve your high protein needs in an unbelievably tasty way!
- (Crust) 1 ½ cups almond meal
- (Crust) ½ teaspoon each of ginger and cinnamon
- (Crust) 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- (Crust) 4 Tablespoons sugar substitute (Splenda/Truvia)
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar substitute, or to taste
- 1 can (about 15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare springform pan. Grease the pan well with cooking spray.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan in heavy-duty foil. (You’ll be baking the cheesecake in a bain marie with the springform pan set in a baking pan half-full of boiling water, so you want to protect from leaking).
- Prepare a kettle of water and set to boil.
- Combine ingredients for crust, and press into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, on the middle rack of oven, until fragrant and beginning to brown.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Scrape sides of bowl and beaters.
- The mixture will gradually become lighter, and the denser stuff has a tendency to cling to the bowl. You won’t be able to incorporate it as well later, so keep scraping.
- Add spices and sweetener. Beat/Scrape.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla. Beat well, scrape.
- Add 3 eggs.
- Beat well after each egg is added (about a minute), scrape.
- Add cream and beat another minute. Pour mixture into pan over baked crust.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan and pour boiling water around the sides, filling until water is about halfway up the springform side.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 F. and bake for for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often after an hour.
- If water level gets too low, add additional boiling water during cooking.
- When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake sit there for 45 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven. Handle large baking pan carefully as the water is hot! Let stand in springform pan until cool.
- Remove sides from pan. Cover and refrigerate (preferably overnight).
- Net Carbs: 4 Grams
- Fiber: 2 Grams
- Protein: 5 Grams
- Calories: 285