07 Jun HOLIDAY SPICE COOKIES PRIMARY TABS
Have this high protein tasty desert as part of your diet meal plan. Good for the holidays or anytime you want.
- 1½ Tablespoons apple pie spice, (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener (zero carb, such as liquid sweetener)
- 1 large egg
- 2 T no sugar added applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 packet Splenda Brown Sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, cooking spray or silpat baking mat.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients, and combine well, until mixture has formed a large ball.
- Form balls about one inch in size.
- Flatten with hands or bottom of small glass to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the tops.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Top with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on bottom.
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Net Carbohydrates: -1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams
- Calories: 50