07 Jun RHUBARB TART WITH ORANGE GLAZE
For you foodies — enjoy this unique dish as part of your DIET MEAL PLAN. Perfect protein supplement for any meal.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 pound rhubarb stalks, thinly sliced diagonally (1/8 inch)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 1/4-ounces package), thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Accompaniment: vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle.
- Stir together orange juice, lime juice, and sugar in a bowl. Add rhubarb and let stand, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pastry in half lengthwise, then roll out each piece into an 11-by 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Arrange pastry rectangles side by side on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- Make a 1/2-inch border around each pastry rectangle by lightly scoring a line parallel to each edge (do not cut all the way through). Prick pastry inside border all over with a fork.
- Strain rhubarb mixture through a sieve set over a bowl, reserving liquid. Top 1 pastry rectangle (within border) with half of rhubarb, overlapping slices slightly. Repeat with remaining pastry and rhubarb.
- Bake until pastry is puffed and golden (underside of pastry should also be golden), about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil reserved rhubarb liquid in a small saucepan, skimming foam if necessary, until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer tarts to a rack. Brush rhubarb and pastry with glaze and sprinkle with zest.
- Calories 409
- Carbohydrates 45 g (15%)
- Fat 23 g (36%)
- Protein 5 g (10%)
- Saturated Fat 6 g (30%)
- Sodium 154 mg (6%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
- Fiber 2 g (7%)
- Monounsaturated Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 0