07 Jun TURKEY ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE
Have this high protein tasty meal as part of your diet meal plan. This meal will fill you up and help you achieve your goals.
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 cups leftover turkey (preferable white meat!)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ 14.5 oz can quartered Artichoke hearts in water (drained)
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 2 T whole wheat flour
- ¼ C Shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 2 qt casserole (or 13×9 pan) with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1T of olive oil.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions until browned and exuding their juices.
- Add the leftover turkey and artichoke hearts to the skillet.
- Stir to combine and toss into 2 qt casserole
- In the skillet, add the 2 T of butter and melt.
- Add the flour, whisking to blend and remove lumps (1 minute).
- Slowly add broth, whisking continuously and cook until thickened and bubbling.
- Pour sauce over turkey mixture and stir.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 – 45 minutes
- Serve over Al Dente low-carb pasta found at all Blissful Wellness locations!
- Calories: 310 Cal
- Protein: 38 g
- Total Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Net Carboyhdrates: 4 g