06 Jun BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE
Posted at 00:53h in Blissful Eating Healthy Recipes
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add butternut squash to onion and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until squash is tender (approx 20 minutes – dice smaller for lower cooking times).
- Cool soup and Puree in blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- Add squash puree back to saucepan, add spices and half-and-half and bring soup back up to warm (Do not let the soup boil at this stage).
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 117 Calories
- Protein: 4 grams
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Net Carboyhdrates: 10 grams