17 Jun Cashew Chicken Salad
We dare you to try this unbelievably delicious high protein salad and not make it one of your favorite recipes! Colorful, nutrient-dense, and scrumptious, combined with a zingy, nutty, citrusy dressing…kiss your boring salad recipes goodbye.
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken breast (6 ounces, about 1 1/2 breast halves or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 10 canned peeled water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced apple, such as Pink Lady or Fuji (about 1/2 apple)
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (spicy, so add to taste)
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Combine the chicken, water chestnuts, carrot, celery, broccoli slaw and apple in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, vinegar, soy and sriracha sauce until smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise and scallions, if using.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad, and toss.
- Sprinkle with cashews and a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
This cashew chicken salad serves 8 people. Cashew chicken salad is a southern favorite enjoyed by all, learn how to make it the low carb way.