15 May Cashew Chicken Salad
Unbelievably good tasting salad that get your high protein in! Have this great summer salad for blissful eating and to get thin in weeks! call us 904 208-4040
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken breast (6 ounces, about 1 1/2 breast halves or rotisserie chicken)
- 10 canned peeled water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup diced apple, such as Pink Lady or HoneyCrisp (about 1/2 apple)
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Combine the chicken, water chestnuts, carrot, celery, broccoli slaw and apple in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, vinegar, soy and sriracha sauce until smooth. Whisk in the mayonnaise and scallions, if using. Spoon the dressing over the salad, and toss. Sprinkle with cashews and a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
This cashew chicken salad serves 8 people. Cashew chicken salad is a southern favorite enjoyed by all, learn how to make it the low carb way.