25 Apr Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
Love Indian food, but want something that is low carb? Check out this delicious recipe for Chicken Marsala. Even better, you can cook it in your crock pot. Just throw the ingredients in before work, set it on low, and when you get back from a long day at the office, you’ll have a scrumptious low carb chicken marsala that will have you looking forward to leftovers the next day.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 6 pounds total)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 16 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Grease slow cooker and add garlic and oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on each side and lay in crock pot.
- Pour wine over chicken and cover crock pot.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 7.
- Mix water with arrowroot and stir until absorbed, no lumps.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and keep warm.
- Stir in arrowroot water mixture into the bottom of the crock pot and add mushrooms.
- Add back the chicken and stir to coat chicken with sauce and mushrooms,
- Cover and cook an additional hour.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.