15 May Grilled Thai Steak and Asparagus
Lose Belly Fat fast with this great tasting dinner. Steak an asparagus is a decadent way to lose weight.
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Whisk together first six ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 2 T of sauce for asparagus.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas). Add foil or a rack for grilling vegetables to one side of grill.
- Brush steak and asparagus all over with separated glaze and sprinkle generously with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Oil grill rack, then grill steak and asparagus, turning steak once and asparagus occasionally, until asparagus is tender and well browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes, and steak is medium-rare, about 10 minutes.
- Let steak stand on a cutting board 15 minutes; put asparagus on a platter and cover. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- (Alternately – asparagus can be roasted in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness).