07 Jun LEMONY, CREAMY BRUSSEL SPROUTS & CELERY
Have this high protein tasty salad as part of your diet meal plan. This unbelievable salad will be a great part of weight loss goals.
- Salted water (to cover)
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts (cleaned and ends trimmed and scored with an “X”)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed and cut on diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pepper to taste
- Bring the salted water to a boil.
- Drop sprouts into boiling water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. (test for doneness with a fork).
- In a separate medium saucepan, melt the butter on MEDIUM until shimmery, stir in the celery and celery seed and cook until celery is beginning to soften.
- Sti in the flour and continue stirring to begin making your roux.
- Add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly.
- Cook until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the zest, lemon juice, pepper to taste. Toss with Brussels sprouts and serve.
- Calories: 71
- Total Fat: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Net Carboyhdrates: 6 grams