07 Jun GREEK SHRIMP WITH TZATZIKI, SPINACH, AND FETA
LOSE BODY FAT with the exotic, but easily made appetizer. Dazzle your friends or just enjoy this great high protein dish.
- 1 cup Greek-style nonfat yogurt – Plain
- 1 cup 1/4-inch cubes English hothouse/seedless cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus additional for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- Olive oil (for brushing and drizzling)
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled low fat feta cheese
- To make the Tzatziki: Mix Plain Greek-style Non-fat yogurt, cucumber (chopped), dill, lemon juice, and minced garlic in small bowl; season generously with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Chill.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Thread shrimp onto 4 metal skewers.
- Brush shrimp all over with olive oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Grill just until shrimp are opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide fresh, washed spinach among 4 plates; drizzle lightly with additional lemon juice and olive oil.
- Top each with 1 shrimp skewer.
- Spoon tzatziki over shrimp; sprinkle with low fat feta cheese and serve.